Portable Document Format (PDF)
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. This format is widely used because any document can be converted to PDF while keeping the format and layout of the document intact. The main purpose of using this format is that it saves files that cannot be changed. And these unmodified files are easily shared and printed. Today everyone has software or a program to read a PDF file.
How to save a file in PDF format?
To save a document in PDF file format, the first thing you need to do is install free Adobe Reader Software.
1. Then first open the document that you want to convert to PDF.
2. Save the file in the usual way just click PDF in the save as drop down arrow. 3. You can also save a file in PDF file format by clicking on the Export option.
The option of PDF will not be visible if you haven’t installed the software. There are also other ways to convert a document into PDF and then you will not need this software.
What is a PDF converter?
How can you convert word documents to PDF through an online web page? The answer is that documents can be easily converted to PDF file format through a PDF converter. For this purpose, PDF converters are also available and you can easily access them online. A PDF converter accepts the document of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, images, and text.
For the conversion process follow the following step:
1. First step is uploading your Word document. Look for the document on your laptop or your phone. Just place the document and start the process of PDF conversion.
2. When the PDF converter has performed the process of conversion, download that PDF so that you can view your PDF.
What are the advantages of using PDF?
PDF has facilitated the users in numerous ways. We know that this file format has gained recognition over the past years. There are some reasons behind its recognition. Some of them are discussed below.
- When a document is converted to PDF, the content and layout remain the same.
- It does not require you to have software to view a PDF \.
- It is easy to exchange this file format.
- This format is highly secure and it is said that this format is also considered valid in court or other legal procedures.
- The file size of PDF can be compressed. It is really helpful in cases when you don’t have much space and you prefer small size files.
- When the size of the file has reduced the resolution of the content remains the same. So, it has helped a lot this way.
- You can also lock the content of the document by applying a password. So a password-protected file can be viewed by the only person who knows it.
So, in a nutshell, we can say that the PDF file format is used by workers, students, professionals, lawyers, and people belonging to different fields. Using this format is very beneficial because it is efficient and has facilitated the users in many ways.